Job Title: Sr. Manager, Commercial
Reports To: VP, Marketing & Communications
Location: Boston, MA
With the business advancing and our team growing, Albireo has a unique opportunity for the right person to gain broad commercial experience. As the senior manager of commercial, you will have responsibilities across a combination of marketing, market research, public relations, investor relations, commercial operations and patient advocacy, with the possibility of gaining exposure to market access and business development, as well. Your role will span strategy and execution. Exact responsibilities will depend on the company’s evolving needs, and your abilities and interests.
This role is a chance to gain a diversity of experience that normally might take a career to acquire. This will allow you to see how the pieces fit together, determine where your passion lies and build a powerful background. As one of the first key commercial hires, you will be a critical part of Albireo’s development and success.
This role reports to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and is based in Boston, MA. Starting date is flexible.
What makes this role special:
- Seek to have a profound impact on young children and their families
- Potentially be part of the first launch of a medicine for a rare pediatric liver disease
- Work on a portfolio of multiple potential therapies
- Gain a rare diversity of commercial experience
- Develop strategy, as well as manage execution
- Help shape the culture and future of an emerging biopharma with a big vision
- Collaborate with a small, collegial team of good people
- Learn from leadership with deep experience and a history of success
- Be part of an early biopharma company in an excellent financial position
- Enjoy great work/life balance, including flex hours, ability to work remotely on Friday’s, generous holiday schedule and business-casual work environment
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage brand strategy and tactics, working with external PR, IR and creative partners.
- Develop and drive communications plan, supporting both product and corporate brands.
- Develop product and corporate messaging.
- Plan, develop and orchestrate review of all news releases and related communications.
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of quarterly earnings and annual reports.
- Develop and manage employee communications.
- Own corporate Website, making updates and enhancements.
- Plan and develop product promotional materials and programs in preparation for launch.
- Update and enhance all corporate collateral, including messaging, Q&A, corporate overview presentation and corporate backgrounder.
- Potentially manage market research, working with our external market research partner.
- Potentially assist in developing market access and pricing strategy.
- Potentially lead, or assist with, patient advocacy activities.
- Potentially assist with life cycle and business development activities, including opportunity identification and business case development.
- Track monthly budget and invoices.
- Desire to be part of a small, dynamic, mission-driven company
- Minimum 3 years of biopharma experience as a top performer in any combination of marketing, public relations, investor relations or consulting
- Innate understanding of messaging, tone and approach for difference audiences
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- High attention to detail, diligence and reliability
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to identify key dynamics amidst complexity
- Ability to simplify issues and reconcile different points of view
- Knowledge of communications channels, including traditional and social media
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
- High level of ability in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel in the U.S. and globally (up to about 10% travel)
- Experience managing corporate branding
- Experience developing and managing corporate and brand Websites
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline
- Bonus points for experience in commercial operations, patient advocacy, market access, market research, graphic design, sales or business development